Celebrating Hawaii's Keiki for Over 68 Years
2021 Healthy Baby Contest
Due to our current circumstances, we have decided to take our Final Round virtual for the safety and comfort of all involved. Finalists will be submitting a second video to be judged for the Final Round. Please see below for some date changes, as well.
EXTENDED Registration deadline: September 16th
EXTENDED Submission deadline: September 18th
Goodie bag pick up: September 18th
Finalist announcement: September 25th
Final submission: October 2nd
Finalist goodie bag pick up: TBA
Winner's announcement: October 16th
All contestants entered will receive a goodie bag and certificate of participation. Top three winners will receive scholarships towards their early childhood education.
2020 Healthy Baby Contest Winner
1st Place Winner: $500 & Photo Session with Edmar Castillo Photography
2nd Place Winner: $300 & Photo Session with Edmar Castillo Photography
3rd Place Winner: $200 & Photo Session with Edmar Castillo Photography
Who is Eligible to Compete?
2019 Healthy Baby Contest
- This event is free for local ohana with keiki ages 1 to 2 1/2 years old.
- Contestant’s birth date must be on or between April 2, 2019 - October 2, 2020 – no younger than 12 months old and no older than 30 months old at the final round.
- Contestant must be a resident of the State of Hawaii.
- Children of both sexes and all ethnic origins are eligible to enter the contest.
- Children of Healthy Baby Contest committee members and first place winners of previous Healthy Baby Contests are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Waiver must be signed and submitted.
- Photography: All contestants and parents are deemed to consent to the reasonable use of photography and information by the Honolulu Chinese Jaycees.
2019 Healthy Baby Contest HCJ members and Judges